After serious soul searching, we regret to inform you that we have decided to sell Tide Hiker. The maintenance is just too expensive and frustrating. This breakdown when we were starting to cross to the Bahamas was the last straw. We've been planning for the Bahamas and looking forward to the trip for so long - and WHAM! another breakdown. Our reservoir of resilience has been used up.
APRIL FOOL!!!! Come on -- we're not a couple of namby-pambies who quit when the going gets tough. We don't fold when the chips are down. We take the punch and come back swinging. (Enough bad analogies?) We're hearty midwesterners, remember?? We're in Coconut Grove at Dinner Key Marina to get Tide Hiker fixed up and then we're making tracks for the Bahamas. The stabilizer guy will be here tomorrow afternoon and it looks like there's a good weather window shaping up for this weekend, so we're crossing our fingers that it all comes together.
Our Little Fashion-Plate - Dylan and Dee Dee apologize for the delay in their blog entries. Unfortunately, they depend on Mommy doing the typing and she has been crazy busy. But no...
1 day ago