Thursday, March 12, 2009

Delay of Game

We arrived at the campground dock next to the Franklin Lock almost a week ago, intending to stay two nights. On the trek toward the Bahamas, we had just started making progress across the Okeechobee Waterway toward the east coast of Florida. While we were not in a hurry (because we're retired), we are anxious to get to Key Biscayne where we can wait for a weather window to cross to the Bahamas. Alas, Tide Hiker asserted her independence -- she evidently wanted a break, so decided to make the starboard engine difficult to start. The injectors are now being cleaned of gunk and refurbished. They'll be reinstalled tomorrow (Friday). If all goes well, we'll be in Key Biscayne next Friday. Hopefully some of our buds will also be there waiting to cross. Can't wait!