This morning at 7:00 we started crossing the Gulf Stream bound for the Bahamas and we were back at Key Biscayne by 10:00. Our crossings must be jinxed - no kidding. Remember the aborted crossing to Nova Scotia when the engine overheated? Nothing so dramatic this time. We lost stabilizer oil pressure, had to turn the stabilizers off and were rolling pretty uncomfortably in 3-4 foot swells. We decided to turn around, repair the stabilizers and try again another day.
We feel badly for Rick and Lynnie. They turned Rickshaw around and came back with us to wait again in Hurricane Harbor.
At the moment, Norm is waiting for the engine room to cool down from 100 degrees and then he'll figure out what the problem is and what we need to do about it. More news then.
Our Little Fashion-Plate - Dylan and Dee Dee apologize for the delay in their blog entries. Unfortunately, they depend on Mommy doing the typing and she has been crazy busy. But no...
1 day ago